GMR Aviation Academy (GMRAA), the training and education arm of GMR Airports Ltd, a subsidiary of GMR Infrastructure, has partnered with the National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU), the world’s first and only forensic sciences university, to develop and expand educational programmes in the fields of forensics and aviation cyber security.
These programmes attempt to bridge the country’s need and supply gap for Cyber Security and Forensic specialists. On July 12, GMRAA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the NFSU in New Delhi to formalise this goal.
The MoU was signed by Prof. (Dr.) Purvi Pokhariyal, Campus Director of NFSU, Gandhinagar, and Parul Kulshreshtha, Head of GMR Aviation Academy.
ALSO READ: Ransomware Attack On SpiceJet: How Safe Is Aviation Sector From Cyber Attack
“Technology and digitization have brought many advantages to Aviation, but at the same time, these have created challenges in managing cyber vulnerabilities in such a complex environment. The aviation industry has been an attractive target for cyber attackers. Especially after the COVID, Cyberattacks and threats have increased many folds, and organizations are in search of Cyber Security and Forensics experts to create a cyber shield against any kind of cyber threats. There is a huge shortage of trained Cyber Security and Forensics experts in the country, and in the world. In fact, there is a vast opportunity for such cyber security professionals, and bulk-hiring requirements exist for these professionals once they successfully complete these courses,” said Ashwani Lohani, CEO of GMR Services Business.
ALSO READ: Cyber Crime At 30,000 Feet: How Digital Frauds Are Affecting Aviation Industry
Speaking on the occasion, Prof. (Dr.) Purvi Pokhariyal, Campus Director of NFSU, Gandhinagar, said “The collaboration between the National Forensic Sciences University and GMR Aviation Academy opens new vistas for Aviation Forensic. NFSU Vice-Chancellor Dr. J M Vyas’ vision of enhancing forensic capabilities is reaching new heights. With this partnership, students and research scholars would get the opportunity to intern at GMR in the field of Cyber Security and Aviation. We intend to offer joint certificate and training courses to different stakeholders.”
As per the MOU, GMRAA and NFSU have identified the following initiatives which include:
• GMRAA sponsored Fellowship/Scholar program for NFSU Ph.D. students for Research & Development (R&D) in the Aviation Cyber Security sector.
• GMRAA Internship program for M.Tech. students enrolled in NFSU in the field of Aviation Cybersecurity & Forensics. The students would get year-long onsite Aviation Cybersecurity and Forensics experience at GMR’s Airports.
• Setting up an NFSU-certified Research Centre at GMR Aviation Academy (GMRAA) facility in Hyderabad to enable NFSU scholars to pursue full-time Ph.D. in Aviation Forensics and Cybersecurity domain.
• GMRAA and NFSU to jointly develop and offer Aviation Forensics & Cybersecurity Certificate courses.
• Academic Collaboration and NFSU affiliation for colleges in the country for B. Tech. program
• Joint specialized services offerings in Aviation Cybersecurity to the industry.
The National Forensic Sciences University with the status of an Institution of National Importance is the world’s first and only University dedicated to Forensic, Behavioral, Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics, and allied Sciences.
It was established by the Government of India through Act, 2020 (32 of 2020) with the objective of fulfilling the acute shortage against the increasing demand for forensic experts in the country and around the world.
GMRAA was established in 2009 at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad. It is accredited by national & international bodies and has collaborated with various government bodies and regulators for Aviation-related Training and Education Programs. It has emerged as a global gateway for aviation learning in India.
Follow The420.in on
Telegram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | YouTube