NEW DELHI: Did you know you can now check all the mobile phone numbers associated with your Aadhaar number? Yes, you can do so with the new website of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
The Department of Telecom (DoT) has recently launched a portal called Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP) that allows users to check all phone numbers associated with their Aadhaar numbers.
“This website has been developed to help subscribers, check the number of mobile connections working in their name, and take necessary action for regularising their additional mobile connections if any. However, the primary responsibility of handling the Customer Acquisition Form (CAF) lies with the service providers,” TAFCOP mentioned on its website.
There are several instances where a subscriber’s documents or SIM card may be used for illegal or unlawful purposes by others. In such cases, the web portal will provide the subscriber with sufficient information. In fact, a subscriber can request that a SIM card in their name that has been used by others be blocked.
Steps to verify phone numbers associated with an Aadhaar number:
2) Enter your phone number.
3) Select the ‘Request OTP’ tab.
4) To validate, enter the OTP number that was sent to you.
5) The website will then display all of the numbers associated with your Aadhaar number.
6) Using these numbers, users can report and block numbers that are no longer in use or are no longer required.
DoT guidelines on mobile phone numbers
Individual mobile subscribers can register up to nine mobile connections in their name, according to current guidelines.
TAFCOP portal offers a variety of services.
1) Subscribers with more than nine multiple connections in their name will receive an SMS notification.
2) Subscribers with more than nine multiple connections in their name can take the necessary action by clicking on the portal link.